US Engine Valve has an opening for Human Resources Manager in Westminster, SC. US Engine Valve is a joint venture manufacturing facility of Nittan Valve and Eaton Corporation. The HR Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and administering human resource policies, strategies and services for the facility which will maintain a positive employee relations climate to support the plant’s business objectives.
Functions include human resource strategic planning, recruitment and selection, training, management development, career planning, wage and salary administration, benefits development and administration, performance appraisal administration and labor relations. Ensures all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with governmental and other regulatory requirements. Facilitates teams and inclusion activities aimed at improving various Employee Engagement Survey scores.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Preferably in business with an emphasis in Human Resources/Industrial Relations.
- Minimum of 5 years previous HR management experience in an industrial environment and minimum of 1 year of experience managing direct reports, including professional salaried positions.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or an MBA with a Human Resources concentration from an accredited institution.
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, and workers’ compensation.
- Previous experience in managing employee benefit plans and 401k administration preferred.
- Demonstrate discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a wide audience.
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations.