Downtown Greenville law firm seeks a fulltime, experienced, litigation paralegal for a partner attorney in a busy plaintiff's litigation firm. Primary practice areas include personal injury, workman’s compensation, and medical negligence.
This position requires excellent communication, organization, and computer skills as well as the ability and initiative to perform duties with consistently high levels of accuracy, competency, and sound judgment.
Organization, ability to stay on task, and a good work ethic are critical to success in this position. If you are not willing to work hard and do not thrive in a fast-paced environment, please do not apply.
Resumes may be submitted in confidence.
The Paralegal's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Extensive preparation of written legal documents: correspondence to clients, attorneys, insurance adjusters, witnesses, and doctors; drafting pleadings, motions, discovery responses, and subpoenas; creating deposition and medical summaries; etc.
- Interview cold calls to determine case relevance.
- Reviewing client case files and having a keen eye for maintaining the status of client files so that workflow is up-to-date and consistent.
- Interviewing new potential clients and maintaining client relationships throughout the duration of the case.
- Time management of weekly schedules including: scheduling new client appointments, depositions, mediations, witness interviews, etc.
- Trial preparation knowledge and capabilities.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor's Degree is preferred. However, highly qualified individuals who have earned an Associate's Degree in an applicable field with pertinent litigation paralegal experience and/or Paralegal Degree or Legal Certification will also be considered.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and become a subject matter expert.
- Organized with a strong sense of priority, urgency, and commitment to deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise, and precise manner.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time with continuing changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team player and to communicate with internal and external parties in a courteous, timely, and professional manner.
- Ability to effectively deal with individuals from diverse, cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent word processing and computer skills, including internet research, document scanning, and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Outlook Calendar.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Quick learner with ability to hit the ground running.
- Experience with TrialWorks case management system and WestLaw a plus.