Basic Functions: Sells merchandise to individuals in store, warehouse or on yard. May also conduct mail orders sales via telephone, greets customers on sales floor and provides assistance with merchandise as needed. Performs price changes on items in department. Takes inventory of stock and maintains adequate inventory levels in specific department. This position will perform any and all other job duties as assigned.
Requirments: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education.
- Greets customer on sales floor and determines make, type and quality of merchandise desired. Offers directions to other locations in the store and provides assistance with merchandise as needed to the register and/or to a customer’s vehicle.
- Researches items and product information in sales catalog for customers, and makes phone calls to the purchasing department to secure items for customers.
- Displays merchandise, suggests selections that meet customer’s needs, and emphasizes selling points of article such as quality and utility.
- Prepares sales ticket, writes up special orders for customers, and follows through on special orders.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customer, if needed.
- Takes inventory out of stock and maintains adequate inventory levels in their department.
- Requisitions merchandise from overstock, warehouse, etc.
- May train and assist new employees in department.
- Passes along information for new stock items to the managers. Informs managers of any quality control problems with stock.
- Performs price changes on items in the department.
- Maintains work area that is neat, clean and attractive to all customers. All items are properly labeled.
Salary and Benefits:
The hours for this role are Full-time, Permanent
Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Sick and Medical
Retirement benefits include 401K and Profit sharing
Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability and Vision
Miscellaneous benefits include Clothing/Uniform
Apply in person, Agri Supply Florence: 1918 East Palmetto St OR online www.agrisupply.com via the "Career Opportunities" link under "Retail Stores." EOE.
About this company
About Agri Supply
Agri Supply® is a family owned group of farm stores that started back in 1962 in Garner, North Carolina. Now, over 50 years later, Agri Supply has eight retail locations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia. The Agri Supply product line has grown by leaps and bounds - from what began as only farm items, to what now tops over 26,000 items and counting, featuring many categories. Whether it is for your farm, shop or home, Agri Supply has you covered!
Location/Region: 1918 East Palmetto St