Recently debuting at #57 on Fortune magazine’s list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 26 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.Position Summary
Responsible for assisting the drill operator in various tasks including: inspections, operation, tubing of holes, and preparing areas for shots. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor; participate in safety inspections and plant safety program.Requirements
- Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions and elements
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Experience with blast hole drilling preferred.
- Knowledge of Kelly-Bar drilling and maintenance preferred.
- Other heavy equipment operating experience highly desirable.
- Aggregate plant processing operation and maintenance experience highly desirable.
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, motivated and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Sickness and Accident – Short-Term Disability
- Optional Long-Term Disability
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
Location/Region: Jamestown, SC (US - 29453)