Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
You are a passionate, experienced and motivated Creative Director. Based in our Boston office you will be charged with determining the best way for Mimecast to visually represent its identity across the globe, spanning North America, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia and Europe, and across multiple media platforms. Working alongside the Marketing and Communications leadership team, you will be responsible for the effective delivery of Mimecast's creative and brand strategy. You will lead a highly skilled creative team, oversee the creative process, provide direction, quality control, inspire and lead with positivity, delivering a commercial view of the tasks ahead of us as a publicly traded company.
It's very much a people-oriented role, involving the development of high-level concepts for creative projects. It also involves working with multiple stakeholders across the business, pitching designs, and understanding their needs. You will support the leadership team in recruiting third party agencies, and you'll be responsible for managing said agencies, as well as the internal design resources.
* Drive and direct the delivery of marketing campaigns and strategy of any creative project within the business across on-and off-line media
* Manage multiple projects from concept through to completion. Ensure best practice is applied in user interface and interactive design, including optimisation and site mapping
* Lead the development of creative programs and design concepts to meet business objectives and advance brand strategy
* Drive creative direction for all projects to ensure consistent brand presence within the marketplace.
* Innovate new ideas for branding, campaigns and marketing collateral. Analyse trends to keep the Mimecast brand relevant
* Lead the global creative team and support the marketing team to identify and improve our brand story and creative output/messaging
* Identify concerns to mitigate project risks and react quickly to analytical feedback in order to help adjust the overall creative strategy
* Manage and lead a creative team with confidence and according to individual skill sets
* Provide quality control over concepts and projects across the business
* Act as a key account manager across varying functions of the business and stakeholders
* Provide a full-service solution based approach to all creative without compromising on quality
* A degree level education, preferably within related field or equivalent visual design and management experience to the highest level
* 10 years+ experience in a similar role within a creative development firm, IT consulting firm or agency environment; or equivalent transferable client-side experience
* Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, process and user interface design as well as industry best practices
* Solid understanding of design, layout, graphic fundamentals, typography and the limitations of the web; must have knowledge and ability to articulate the vision and translate ideas to designers and develop innovative creative campaigns within the team
* A solid working knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts, identity policing and control, experience design, interactive commerce and creative process
* Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas with peers, deliver persuasive creative content, and gather consensus
* A good understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, front-end familiarity to ensure effective management of the team with such skills
* Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Able to effectively manage multiple projects and people to achieve effective results
* Identify opportunities and make suggestions for improvement to leadership team
* Able to professionally and effectively manage own time
* Excellent creative flare, able to encourage and support strong usability in way of creative delivery. Maintain a good understanding of commercial and design awareness
* You will be passionate with integrity and have bucket loads of energy
* A personality that attracts not discourages
You are already an experienced Creative Director looking for a long-term opportunity to shape something for the future and make your mark. You'll play an essential role in the marketing, communications and GTM departments. You are responsible for leading your team, developing creative guidelines and directing creative work, including websites, email campaigns, event stands, advertising, print collateral and many related tasks. You will be an expert in all facets of the creative process and the creative industry in order to produce the best work. You must be a great leader with the ability to maximize the talents of your team. Doing so means being a coach, a teacher, an instructor, and a critic all at once. You will work with graphic designers, web designers, account managers, brand managers and other marketers on a daily basis.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
We strive to attract exceptional people who have "that extra something" and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump on board?
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please apply attaching your resume!
If you would like more information about Mimecast please visit our website at www.mimecast.com
We look forward to speaking to you soon!
Mimecast is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status. EEO is the Law.
Location/Region: Lexington, SC (US)