Job Location(s) US-MA-Lexington
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
The Mimecast Messaging Security Team is a specialist team who utilize a network of honey pots that attract and aggregate both spam and malware in the wild. This, coupled with community provided intelligence, allows Mimecast to provide detection and protection mechanisms against spam and malware easily and effectively to accommodate the rapidly evolving techniques used by spammers.
This role will work closely with team members and other Mimecast operations globally to constantly improve our services and ensure consistent levels of spam and malware protection.
This is a more junior role and could be an entry into the world of spam and as such is suitable for those without any specific anti-spam experience.
Anti-Abuse Support, including but not exclusive to:
* Maintenance of Real-time Block Lists, Real-time Allow Lists, URI Block Lists
* Email traffic analysis and malicious activity detection
* External RBL monitoring and immediate response to new outbreaks to protect customers and maintain a good reputation across the Mimecast global grids
* Provide exceptional industry leading levels of support to all customers at all times
* Report on latest threats and trends for internal and external communication
* Assist the Engineering Teams with back-end support and enhancement requests of Mimecast security services to maintain high levels of detection and customer satisfaction
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Working knowledge of messaging (email traffic management) and routing
* Experience and a basic understanding of email security technologies
* Understanding of SMTP, POP3, TCP/IP, DNS, IMAP and SSL/TLS
* Experience working with spam and malware detection and blocking techniques
* Experience working at an ESP/ISP or in a SOC environment
* Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix, shell scripting, PHP, MySQL, networking
* Prior experience of working within SaaS environments would be an advantage
* Good oral and written communication skills in order to work closely with both office-based and remote team members, as well as customers
* Very good time management
* Ability to self-prioritise and complete work in a timely manner
* Display a sense of urgency and react accordingly
* Ability to recognise that customer satisfaction is a principle measure of our business and our values
* A solid understanding of the goals and objectives of the business and their own personal goals
* Instinctively find practical solutions to complex problems
* Expect to effect change and take ownership of your job
* Understanding that with great opportunity comes great responsibility
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, life cover, child care vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness.
We strive to attract exceptional people who have ''that extra something'' and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?
Location/Region: Lexington, SC (US)