Come to work for a for a Company that listens and cares about our Co-workers. We lead by example and with integrity and recognize outstanding performance by promoting from within.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- One-three years in multifamily property maintenance.
- Strong plumbing and carpentry skills.
- Electrical trouble shooting and repair.
- Appliance service and repair.
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Certification.
- Environmental Protection Agency Certification.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- You must be able to be on call for emergencies/on call rotation schedule on weekends.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college or trade school preferred.
- Freon Recovery certification Type I and II, or Universal, mandatory.
- Certified Apartment Service Technician (CAMT), prefer not mandatory.
- Certifications in boilers, plumbing, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (basic and advanced), journeyman license, use of fire extinguisher and first aid preferred. Must have training in compressor diagnosis, appliance repair, etc. Must have certifications/permits required by city or state to perform job responsibilities (i.e., pool operations, maintenance, electricians, etc.).
Specific Skills/Equipment :
- Propane torch (Plumbing)
- Key machine
- Sewer machine
- Sink machine
- Leak detector
- Ampro meter
- Volt meter
- Manifold gauges
- Charging cylinders
- Air conditioners
- Water heaters
- Welding torches (A/C)
- Hand tools
Experience and Specialized Knowledge:
• Position requires a minimum of 1-3 years general maintenance experience and at least 1-year multi-family, industrial or institutional Service Request experience.
• Must be able to perform all facets of apartment make-ready.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning equipment, plumbing systems, electronic systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other systems on community (gates, phone jacks, irrigation systems, etc.).
Typical Physical Demands:
• Will be exposed to constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light to heavy weight material/appliances/equipment), climbing ladders/stairs, and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small-motorized equipment (i.e., repetitive hand/wrist, griping and elbow motion).
• Must have normal range of hearing, and depth perception for proper operation and repair of machines, wiring, and equipment.
• Must be able to complete tasks wearing appropriate safety equipment (i.e., back belts, goggles, masks, gloves, etc.).
Typical Mental Demands: Must be able to read and write in English at intermediate level to read diagrams, meters, instructions, write reports, etc. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions and plans. On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc. Will interact regularly with residents, vendors, contractors, supervisors, employees and coworkers and therefore, must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Environmental/Working Conditions: Will be exposed on a regular basis to outdoor environment (i.e., heat, cold, damp, rain, etc.). Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries (i.e., chemicals, electrical, machinery, tools, lifting, etc.). Will be exposed to some low-level noise when using power tools. Hazards can be minimized with proper lifting techniques, MSDS and general safety training and wearing of proper safety equipment. Will be regularly called upon to work overtime and service calls after hour's schedules.
Our success revolves around our culture. Our employee tenure promotes a "GrayCo Citizenship," which is a concept to help our associates achieve individual and team success. We feel it is important to take the time to hire the right person for the right position. We lead by example and with integrity and recognize outstanding performance by promoting from within.