Pain Management Associates is a physician owned company. We have offices located in North and South Carolina.
We offer competitive benefit options such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan with company match as well as some additional company paid benefits. We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the positions of a Medical Assistants for the Upstate Region. Including the Easley, Greenville and Spartanburg locations. Travel may be required.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please respond to this job posting and include your resume, and your pay expectation.
Performs administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a medical provider. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Pay is dependent upon experience and applicable skills and is competitive for the area.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Enters orders into the electronic medical records per credentialing guidelines.
- Show patients to examination room and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures.
- Obtain authorization for drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests and/or admission.
- Perform general office duties such as answering telephones, taking dictation and completing insurance forms.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, and office supplies and equipment.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Due to the nature of the work environment, the employee is required to follow safety procedures for each designated area. The physical demands also include frequent use of hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- CMA, RMA or LPN
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures within specialty area
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Credentialed for medical necessity
About this company
Location/Region: Greenville, SC (US - 29607)