CABLE/SECURITY TECHNICIAN JOB OPENING
**This position will report from the Charleston, South Carolina office location.**
A3 Communications, America’s Second Fastest Growing Systems Integrator in America and one of South Carolina’s 25 Fastest Growing Companies, is seeking to hire a Security/Cable Technician for their Charleston, South Carolina headquarters.
Successful candidates will be responsible for on-site installation of low voltage systems to include cameras, access control, wireless access points, Cat5e, Cat6, fiber and the required cabling to support each device. General installation includes: pulling cable in floors and ceilings, dressing the cable in racks, terminating, testing and labeling each network cable as well as mounting and testing hardware. In addition, successful candidates will be responsible for installation, termination and configuration of surveillance and access control devices, such as: card readers, request to exits, electrified door hardware, access control panels, analog and IP cameras, camera servers, power supplies, cable pathway systems and various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, low voltage cable and coax. These installations are primarily performed in new construction, but may also include retro fits.
· Learn installation best practices from senior technicians;
· Assist in pulling cable;
· Install various access control devices;
· Program access control panels and systems;
· Install and program various CCTV; analog and IP cameras;
· Install and program various types of NRV’s and VMS;
· Install cable pathway systems;
· Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables;
· Keep track of daily tasks completed;
· Keep track of hours worked;
· Assist with clean-up;
· Learn new skills without being asked;
· Work in a team environment with project manager, lead technician and other field technicians.
· Experience using basic hand tools and drills;
· Ability to differentiate between colors;
· Reliable transportation;
· A high school diploma/GED;
· A strong work ethic;
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
· Ability to follow instruction;
· Ability to take constructive criticism;
· Ability to pass both a background and drug test.
A3 offers competitive compensation and full benefits, including medical/dental group plans; IRA with company matches after 12 months of employment; and PTO/company holidays. Interested candidates shall email their current resume and hourly wage requirements.